This recipe courtesy of Food.com
INGREDIENTS SERVINGS 8
1large baking potato (1 c mashed)
1cup ricotta cheese
8 teaspoons butter, clarified
1cup romano cheese, grated
- Boil potato and mash.
- Combine potato with eggs and salt and whip until fluffy.
- Add ricotta cheese, butter, Romano cheese and flour.
- Knead until smooth.
- Shape into 1/2″ rolls and cut into 1″ lengths.
- Make impression with thumb in each piece, then lightly dust with flour.
- Drop into boiling salted water and cook only until they rise to the surface.
- Drain and serve with tomato sauce and grated cheese.
- Note: Before cooking, gnocchi may be flash frozen on a cookie sheet, then place in plastic bag in freezer.